Saturday, August 2, 2014

Associate Spotlight: Jorge Gonzalez

Jorge Gonzalez
Assistant Manager

Born and Raised
Born in Puerto Rico and Raised in Orlando, FL

A little bit about Jorge
As a child, Jorge fell in love with with all things Orlando; the Space Center, Disney, and the Orlando Magic. His love of his home state grew into his teen years when he decided to stay at home in order to attend the University of Florida. There, he studied History and Political Science with the plan to become a teacher after college. Right after his college graduation, he married his high school sweetheart and they decided to move to Chicago to begin their careers. Jorge and his wife love living in Chicago, but they do intend to move back to Orlando one day, where they can watch their favorite basketball team, The Orlando Magic, court-side.

What do people not know about you?
“I am actually rather shy outside of work; which is kind of funny, because our business is very people based.”

Why SilverFern?
The fact that this position, and the business itself, wasn’t the mundane office experience. I appreciate the fact that I get to speak to different people everyday and be a part of this awesome company culture.”

What is your Favorite Part of the Business?
“My favorite part is when we get together as a company outside of work hours and get a chance to learn more about one another and have fun while doing it. We’ve become more than just coworkers, we’ve become great friends and I would consider it my second family.”

Who is your idol?

“Wow, this is going to be kind of cliché, but I would have to say my momma; I witnessed her work extremely hard to provide for everyone else without even thinking about herself. She taught me how to be selfless and that’s something that I think is invaluable”

No comments:

Post a Comment