Friday, March 7, 2014

Associate Spotlight: Rafael O'Farrill

Rafael O’Farrill
Acquisition & Training Manager

Born and Raised
Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico

First Job
At a very early age, Rafael got the opportunity to work with his uncle, whom he admired greatly for his work ethic. His uncle was a self-made businessman and had a no excuses attitude when it comes to success. While working with his uncle, Rafael wasn’t necessarily the happiest with the daily experiences, because he didn’t understand the importance until he was much older. Now that he looks back at the time he spent working at his uncle’s company, he realizes that each situation was a learning experience that has given him the foundation he needed to succeed. Rafael attributes his work ethic and attitude to the early mentoring from his uncle.

What do people not know about Rafael?
He has a teenage daughter and he most enjoys quality time with her. Either helping her with her homework or going to the movies—she’s his inspiration for everything.

What character traits does he admire in people?
“I’ve always valued a strong work ethic and integrity. Everything else can be taught, but work ethic and integrity are key in anything that you do!”

Why SilverFern?
Having a lot of experience before he came to work at SilverFern, Rafael has a background of 18 years in sales and communication. “I was really looking for a place I can grow into a position of leadership where I can help train individuals within sales and marketing. I love working with people and it’s great to know that I have that opportunity here while also helping other people reach their goals. It’s a great feeling to do that.”

What are your long-term goals?
“My personal goals are to put my daughter through college and making sure that I leave the world a better place than the one we live in today. Professionally, I would love to grow in this business and be the best leader I can be for my team!”

Favorite part about this business
“I love the people here. Between the people I work with and the new people I get to meet daily, it’s a great environment. I don’t have the ‘same old’ situation everyday, it’s nice to have each day be different.”


3 comments:

  1. I feel very proud to be your brother, you know that I admire you a lot and I've always seen as a fighter and tireless person. If you will create one quote I think the best would you describe you would be, never give up or take your eyes off your dreams and never stop fighting for them. Sooner or later you'll catch that dream by which you fought, so do not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my brother! This coming from you means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! God bless you. Wishing you the best!!

    ReplyDelete